Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Nahari Kendra Yojana. This scheme is named after Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana. The main goal of this scheme is to maintain the mission of protecting and empowering women. Opening of Mahila Shakti Kendra, through these centers, women obtain information about plans related to the central government.
Under this scheme, rural women will be empowered through community participation so that they can reach their full potential. This scheme is being implemented under the protection of the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana 2020
As part of expanding the mission to protect and empower women, the Ministry of Cabinet launched a new plan, the Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra 2020 plan. It was launched to support the empowerment of women in rural India.
Besides this scheme, the central government plans to expand all other plans to empower women in the near future. The central government has already allocated a budget for the next two fiscal years for this scheme.
This new sub-plan was targeted from 2017-18 to 2019-20. Pradhan Mantri Nary Shakti Yojana will be the Ministry of Women Affairs and Child Development.
The goal of the PMMSK Diagram
The main objective of this scheme is to increase women’s care, protection, and development throughout the country. Through several initiatives under the Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Program / Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra (PMMSK), improving the sex ratio for children, improving childhood for newborns, providing education and empowerment for girls.
Highlights of Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana
- It is a special care scheme for the care, protection, and development of women.
- This scheme will help to improve the sex ratio of children, ensure the girl’s survival and protection, and ensure her education and empowerment by making her realize her full potential.
- The central government will establish Mahila Shakti Kendra in 115 underdeveloped regions of the country. In these centers, the government will provide some facilities that will include skills development, employment, digital literacy, health and nutrition for women.
- The government will establish the One-Stop-Shop (OSC) in an additional 150 districts during this period that will be linked to the Women’s Helpline for assistance and will provide emergency and non-emergency responses to women 24 hours a day.
- PMMSK will be supported at the national level (support based on domain knowledge) and the Women’s Resource Center for Women. Apart from this, the scheme also provides assistance at the provincial and cluster levels.
- All supporters of this scheme will provide technical support to the government on any issue related to women.
- In addition to providing relief and rehabilitation to about 26,000 beneficiaries, the central government will also establish “Swadhar“.
- In addition, the government will support women working in more than 190 women’s lodges. These hostels were created to house an additional 19,000 working women.
Features of PM Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana
Objective: The main objective of this scheme is to raise the standard of living of women. Through the implementation of this scheme, girls’ saving and starting lives, primary education, as well as secondary education and overall quality of life will be improved.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Extension With this layout, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao will also be extended. The Cabinet said that the BBBP scheme is currently operating in 161 provinces and soon it will reach 640 provinces in India.
One-Stop Center: The Ministry of Cabinet confirmed that about 150 one-stop centers for women will be established in different regions. These centers will be useful to avoid cases of sexual harassment. These centers will be provided with medical, psychological, legal and police protection.
Helpline: There will be a 24-hour helpline for women in 36 states and UT. They can call the helpline at any time and ask for help.
Volunteering: The government targeted volunteers in this scheme. The program will include more than 3 Kurdish student students, called Swayamsevaks and will assist in its implementation at the grassroots level.
Mahila Police Volunteer Program: In addition to these plans, the Mahila Police Volunteer Program will also be extended. Currently, the scheme is only valid in 10 districts in 5 states in India. 65 areas will be covered after the extension.
Benefits from Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana
- It will be useful in reducing violence against women.
- Malnutrition and the health of women and children will improve.
- There will be increased awareness among rural women of their rights.
- The government’s plans will benefit women, encouragement, and awareness to benefit from them.
Here we have provided all the information about the”Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana“. If you like this, you should definitely share it with people you know.
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.