The good news is that if you want to enable WhatsApp dark mode on your Android or iOS device, here are the quick steps to help you achieve that.
WhatsApp is finally implementing the much-awaited Dark Mode feature and some of its users have already tested it. One thing to note here is that Android users who have the latest version of Android Q beta can only enable this feature yet.
WhatsApp dark mode – Latest updates
In the latest report published by the WABetaInfo Report, a blog that tracks WhatsApp developments, Facebook’s social messaging app is putting out the dark mode.
However, this feature is ready for some users who use the Android Beta version of the app.
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on Android
- Go to Settings – Display – Choose Theme – Dark
- Once the dark mode is on, go to settings – about the phone
- Scroll down to “Create a number” and click it seven times
- You should see a popup message saying “Developer options turned on”. Click “Override force-dark” so that you can apply the dark theme to other apps
- The ark theme is now enabled on WhatsApp but the background threads of the chat threads still have to change to get the most out of the dark mode
- Go to WhatsApp settings – wallpapers – nothing and you are good to go
For iOS phones, the device is necessary to run on iOS 11 or later versions.
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on iOS
- Go to settings – general – accessibility – view accommodations – reverse colors – smart reverse
- You have now enabled a dark theme across all apps on the device
- Just like Android, you will have to choose a dark or no-background wallpaper for WhatsApp chat topics.
- Go to WhatsApp settings – wallpapers – none
So there you have it. Whether you are using an Android or iOS device, you can enable WhatsApp Dark mode by following the steps above.
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.