What is Food Security Mitra (FSM) Scheme?
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has launched the Food Safety Mitra (FSM) scheme 2019 to improve the ease of doing business. Now people can apply online to become Digital Friends or Cleanliness Friends or Train Friends. Food Security Mitra (FSM) Scheme 2019 online registration process has started from 26 September 2019 on the official website https://fssai.gov.in/mitra/.
Through this scheme, small and medium food businessmen will be helped to comply with food safety laws and help in obtaining the license, registration, hygiene rating and training facilities for them.
Importance of Food Safety Mitra Scheme
This scheme will not only strengthen food security, but it will also provide new employment opportunities to the youth, especially those associated with food and nutrition.
Today, cases of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, widespread deficiency of vitamins and minerals and food-borne diseases are constantly increasing in the country. In such a situation, preventive measures are applicable to prevent these diseases. Eat right India movement is a big step in this direction because behavioral change is possible in society.
How will Food Safety Mitra scheme work?
Food safety friends will be selected for this scheme. They will be given training and certificate by FSSAI. Based on these, they will serve food businessmen and get paid in return.
About Food Safety Mitra Scheme
FSSAI has launched the Food Security Mitra (FSM) scheme on 16 October 2019 to strengthen the Food Safety Administration. The FSM scheme will support small and medium scale food businesses according to the Food Security Act. This will be done through licensing and registration, hygiene rating and training facilities.
In addition, the Food Security Mitra (FSM) scheme will create new employment opportunities especially for the youth with food and nutrition background. FSSAI undergoes training and certification by the FSSAI for its work and is paid by the food businesses for its services. The first batch of 15 FSMs was awarded certificates on the official launch of the FSM scheme.
Eat right What is the movement(Food Security Mitra)?
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has started the campaign “The Eat Right Movement” to strictly follow the food labeling regulation rules related to the labeling of food industry food items.
- It was started by FSSAI.
- The objective of this campaign is to reduce the consumption of salt, sugar, and oil by the people by 30% in the next three years.
- There are two main slogans of this campaign – “Eat healthily” and “Eat Safe”.
- It is expected from the campaign that people will pay maximum attention to their health and achieve longevity by eating right.
Food Security Mitra Scheme Beneficiary Roles and Responsibilities
- Registration & Licensing (Digital Mitra): All individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset and IT skills can help food businesses in their compliance.
- Hygiene Auditors (Hygiene Mitra): Domain experts in the food industry are encouraged to join the FSM to become hygiene auditors.
- Food Safety Training (Trainer Mitra): Any person who is in the food business or food professionals can be certified as food safety trainers.
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.