Complete SEO Tutorial For Beginners
Here is a completely free step by step SEO tutorial for beginners.
There are 3 parts to a successful SEO strategy:
1. Research / Keywords + Competitive Analysis
2. On-page SEO
3. Off-page SEO
Then you will learn 4 columns of SEO:
Relevance (useful to humans)
Crawl-ability (useful for Google)
Engagement (people are talking to prove)
Authorization (site proven to be reliable)
The first thing we need to do is install the following plugins:
Tracking Code Manager
We can do this with Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
Then we will install a caching plugin and an image optimization plugin.
We want to use SerpFox for keyword tracking.
Although there are over 200 ranking factors in SEO, the 7 ranking factors we need to worry about (and have some control over) are:
Backlinks + anchor text
– Domain Name: the type of domain we can use; Exact match domain (exact match keyword), partial match domain (PMD), branded domain
– URL: it is made up of domain name + page title
– Page Title: This is where our main keywords are inserted first, and we can use Yoast SEO to ensure this in the keyword and title tag. We should also ensure that the title has a strong copy to increase the click-through rate (CTR)
– Backlink: Links to other sites must include the correct anchor text – which is a vote of relevance. It is best to have a mixture of backlinks without follow-through and do-follow as it looks more natural.
– Page content: It tells visitors and Google what the page is about, and who should see it. This helps Google find out who needs to show the page. Includes H1 tag, H2 tag on Wednesdays here, and maintain keyword density to around 1%.
– Social cues: There are links to social media, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Social signals tell Google that your page is important.
– Site structure: These are internal links to pages within your own website, logically created. We can do this by creating the right categories so that the website is easy to understand and flows properly. Wikipedia is a good example of this.
If you liked this video, please go to Youtube and subscribe to this channel.