New Delhi, ANI Article 370: Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday offered a historic change for Jammu and Kashmir. He recommended removing Article 370 from here. This change has been approved by the President. It has also been supported by the BSP. The home minister’s response to this was a raging ruckus in the Rajya Sabha. Not all clauses of Article 370 shall apply after the approval of the President. There will be only one section in it. He introduced the Bill for Reorganization of Jammu and Kashmir. Jammu Kashmir was given the status of Union Territory. Ladakh will also become a separate union territory. Ghulam Nabi Azad said, ‘BJP has killed democracy.
Along with this, these changes will take place in Jammu Kashmir-
- It will not have a separate flag
- People from other states in Kashmir will be able to take land
- Dual citizenship will end
As soon as Article 370 is over, there is a ruckus in political circles. Where some politicians are describing it as one country – one constitution. Most opposition parties are opposing it. Experts also believe that after the abolition of Article 370, Jammu and Kashmir has truly become an integral part of India. This is very good news for the people of other states of the country, which the country has been waiting for since independence.
Article 370 Highlights:
- Now people of other states of Jammu and Kashmir will also be able to take land by land.
- Kashmir will no longer have a separate flag. Meaning, the tricolor will also wave gracefully there.
- Apart from paragraph -370, a separate constitution of Jammu and Kashmir has also become history. Now there will be a constitution of India applicable.
- Dual citizenship of the local people in Jammu and Kashmir will be abolished.
- Jammu and Kashmir have been cut into two. Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will now be separate states.
- The two new states will be the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- There will be an assembly in Jammu and Kashmir, but there will not be an assembly in Ladakh. Meaning there will be a state government in Jammu and Kashmir, but there will be no local government in Ladakh.
- The girls of Jammu and Kashmir will now have the freedom to marry other people also. Their citizenship will not end when they marry another man.
- Article-370 has undergone many changes in the past. By 1965, the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir used to replace the Sadar-e-Riyasat and the Prime Minister instead of the Chief Minister.
- The President had already approved the abolition of Article 370. Actually, this paragraph was already implemented by the President. So there was no need to pass Parliament to end it.