Let us know some important events of December 23, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On December 23many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on December 23 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on December 23 in Indian History( Historical Events ) and World History.
List of important historical events of 23 December
|The year||Incident / account|
|1672||Astronomer Giovanni Cassini discovered Saturn’s satellite ‘Riya’.|
|1690||The philosopher John Flamsteed saw the planet Uranus and named it ’34 Tory ‘, considering it a star.|
|1728||The Treaty of Berlin was signed by the Persian Emperor Karel Saha.|
|1797||Scotland geologist Charles Lyle was born. He was the first to lay the foundation of scientific principles of geology.|
|1824||Chief Pushmatama of the Chikkatu nation died in Washington.|
|1834||Joseph Hansum patented the passenger horse car ‘Safety Cab’.|
|1841||First Anglo-Afghan War: In a meeting with Afghan General Akbar Khan, British diplomat Sir William Hay McNaughton was shot dead.|
|1844||American presidential election 1844: James K. Polk defeated Henry Clay.|
|1876||The first constitution of Turkey was declared.|
|1902||Chaudhary Charan Singh, the 5th Prime Minister of India, was born in Noorpur Uttar Pradesh.|
|1921||Visva-Bharati University was inaugurated.|
|1922||BBC Radio daily newspaper started.|
|1926||Arya Samaj campaigner and scholar Swami Shraddhanand was killed.|
|1932||Artificial rubber was first created by an English scientist named Mill.|
|1936||The Inter-American Conference ended in order to maintain peace.|
|1947||The transistor was first performed at Bell Laboratories.|
|1954||The first successful kidney transplant took place between two survivors in Boston.|
|1968||The first rocket of the meteorological country, Maneka, was successfully launched.|
|1972||The two-hour earthquake in Nicaragua’s capital Managua devastated life and killed about ten thousand people.|
|2000||Calcutta, the capital of West Bengal, was officially renamed Kolkata.|
|2004||9th Prime Minister of India Narasimha Rao passed away.|
|2008||Renowned storyteller Govind Mishra was awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award 2008 in Hindi for the incarceration of his novel Fog.|
Historical events of 23 December
- Astronomer Giovanni Cassini discovered Saturn’s satellite ‘Rhea’ in “1672”.
- Rabindranath Tagore inaugurated the Pus fair in Santiniketan, West Bengal in 1894.
- The Brahmacharya Ashram was formally opened in 1901 in Santiniketan.
- In order to declare New Delhi as the capital of the country, Viceroy Lord Harding II entered the city on an elephant in “1912” but during this time he was injured in a bomb blast.
- World War I: The army of Australia and New Zealand reached Cairo, the capital of Egypt in “1914”.
- Visva-Bharati University was inaugurated in “1921”.
- BBC Radio began broadcasting daily news in “1922”.
- Arya Samaj campaigner and scholar Swami Shraddhanand was killed in “1926”.
- The country’s first meteorological rocket ‘Maneka’ was successfully launched in 1968.
- During a program at a school located in Mandi Dabwali area of Haryana, “360 people died due to fire in 1995.
- New Zealand won the world women’s cricket title by defeating Australia in “2000”.
- Israel attacked the Gaza Strip in “2003”.
- Lek Kaczynski, an anti-leftist, took over as President of Poland in “2005”.
23 December Famous People Birth
- Indian politician, noted advocate and social activist Ras Bihari Ghosh was born in “1845”.
- Satyendra Chandra Mitra, a skilled politician and freedom fighter was born in “1888”.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh, the fifth Prime Minister of India, who was considered to be an ardent leader who raised the voice of the farmers, was born in 1902.
Famous Persons Death on 23 December
- Swami Shraddhanand, the famous freedom fighter of India, social reformer, benevolent of Dalits and a supporter of women’s education, died in “1926”.
- Arjun Lal Sethi, one of the freedom fighters of India, died in “1941”.
- Tenth Prime Minister of India Pamulapati Venkata Narasimha Rao died in “2004”.
Important occasions and celebrations of 23 December
- Farmer’s Day (Charan Singh’s Birthday)
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.