Let us know some important events of November 20, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On November 20 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on November 20 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on November 20 in Indian History( history of India and world ) and World History.
List of important historical events of 20 November:
|The year||Incident / incident / account|
|1719||Stockholm signed a peace settlement with Sweden and Hannover.|
|1750||Tipu Sultan, the ruler of Mysore, was born.|
|1815||Russia, Prussia, Austria and England allied to maintain peace in Europe.|
|1815||The Napoleonic War ended 12 years later.|
|1817||The first Seminole War began in Florida.|
|1829||Jews were expelled from the Nikolayev and Sevastopol regions of Russia.|
|1864||Alexander II initiated judicial reforms from the Russian Empire.|
|1866||Howard University was founded (Washington, DC)|
|1917||Bose Research Institute was established in Calcutta (now Kolkata).|
|1934||Georges Thenis became the Prime Minister of Belgium for the second time.|
|1942||British forces recaptured Libyan capital Benghazi.|
|1950||For the first time in the Korea War, the US and Chinese armies faced each other.|
|1955||Pauly Umrigar scored India’s first double century in a Test match against New Zealand.|
|1960||At the 7th Convention of European Countries in Sweden, a proposal for the formation of an independent European trade organization Efta was agreed.|
|1962||Renowned Nobel Prize scientist Neil Bohr died at the age of 82.|
|1975||The dictator General Francisco Franco, who ruled Spain for 39 years, was killed.|
|1981||Adopted the constitution in the African country of Burundi.|
|1985||Bill Gates launched the Windows-1 operating system.|
|1999||The People’s Republic of China launched the first Shenzhen spacecraft.|
|2012||The Church of England voted against the priesthood of women.|
|2015||At least 19 people were taken hostage in Bamako, the capital of the African country of Mali.|
Historical events of November 20
- Russia, Prussia, Austria and England allied in “1815” to maintain peace in Europe.
- Howard University was founded in Washington in 1866.
- The current Bose Research Institute was established in Calcutta (now Kolkata) in 1917.
- British forces recovered the Libyan capital, Benghazi, in “1942”.
- The number of Jews in Israel in 1949 increased to one million.
- Pauli Umrigar marked the first double century of India in a test match against New Zealand in “1955”.
- The Bhaskar satellite was launched in “1981”.
- Microsoft Windows 1.0 was released in “1985”.
- On the US space shuttle “1997”, “Colombia” was successfully launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- The first module of the Zarya International Space Station was launched in “1998”.
- 27 people, including the Consul General of Great Britain, died in a bomb blast in Istanbul, Turkey in “2003”.
- The Electoral Commission of Pakistan announced the election calendar of the national and provincial assemblies in “2007”.
- MCOCA was imposed on the 10 defendants arrested in the 2008 Malegaon explosion case.
- Two newly elected members of Rajya Sabha, Prabhakar Kare and Baran Mukherjee, took oath as members of the Chamber in “2008”.
- In 2015, at least 19 people were taken hostage in Bamako, the capital of the African country of Mali.
November 20 Birth of famous people
- Tipu Sultan, the ruler of the state of Mysore, was born in “1750”.
- Indian freestyle wrestler Babita Phogat was born in “1989”.
Famous people Death on November 20
- The Spanish dictator General Franco died in “1971”.
- The famous poet Nirmala Thakur of India died in “2014”.
- Versatile genius, scholar, thinker and poet of many disciplines Shyam Bahadur Verma died in “2009”.
Important occasions and celebrations of November 20
- National Book Day (week)
- Newborn’s Day (week)
- National Drug Day (Week)
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.