Let us know some important events of January 20, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On January 20 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on January 20 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on January 20 in Indian History( Historical Events) and World History.
List of important historical events of 20 January
- The first Parliament meeting in England took place in “1265”.
- The Board of Trade was formed in “1503” to settle American affairs in Spain.
- Calcutta Hindu College was established in “1817”.
- Chile defeated the combined forces of Peru, Bolivia in “1839”.
- Dutch King William II was crowned in “1840”.
- In the first opium war, China handed over Hong Kong to Britain in “1841”.
- The Dutch army conquered Watampon on the Indonesian island of Celebs in “1860”.
- The US Senate allowed “Pearl Harbor” to be a naval base in “1887”.
- Basketball was first played in “1892”.
- The Civil Freedom Association of America was established in the 1920s.
- Aldrin stepped on the moon in “1930” today. He was the second person to go to the moon.
- John F. Kennedy became the President of the United States in “1961”. He was the youngest elected President of the United States since then.
- Abdul Ghaffar Khan, the greatest activist of Pashtun’s independence and called Frontier Gandhi, was born in “1988”.
- In 2002, pictures of inmates in Cuban-based US military base Guantanamo Bay became public and there was a lot of controversy.
- Parveen Bobby, who changed the image of heroines on the basis of glamorous roles, died in “2005”.
January 20 Famous People Birth
- Indian actor and politician Krishnam Raju was born in “1940”.
- India’s National Security Advisor Ajit Doval was born in “1945”.
- Renowned playwright and theater director Ratan Thiam was born in “1948”.
Famous Person Death on 20 January
- Indian Thakkar Bappa, famous for his service works, died in 1951.
- American writer and novelist (love story) ‘Eric Segal’ died in “2010”.
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.