Let us know some important events of December 20, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On December 20 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on December 20 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on December 20 in Indian History( Historical Events ) and World History.
List of important historical events of 20 December
|The year||Incident / Account|
|1722||A Chinese emperor ‘Kangxi’ died after ruling for the longest time (61 years), so his son Yongzheng was made an emperor.|
|1745||Bonnie Prince Charlie’s army reached the river Esq.|
|1757||Lord Clive was made the Governor of Bengal.|
|1780||Britain declared war on Holland.|
|1803||French flag The formal transfer of the Louisiana Purchase in New Orleans from France to the US for $ 27m. Happened in|
|1808||The original Covent Garden Theater in London was destroyed by fire, along with most of the scenery, costumes, and scripts.|
|1812||The first volume of Grimm’s “Fairy Tales” was published in Germany.|
|1820||In the US state of Missouri, unmarried men between the ages of 21 and 50 levied a tax of $ 1.|
|1827||Mexico passed its first “expulsion law”, allowing Spain’s citizens to be expelled in the next 6 months, and Spain’s re-entry until Spain’s identity of the 1810 Declaration of Independence of the Kingdom of Spain. Be stopped.|
|1830||The independence of Belgium was recognized by the great powers.|
|1842||The Military College of South Carolina was established.|
|1860||South Carolina became the first state to secede from the United States Union.|
|1875||The ICRM renamed the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).|
|1876||The great poet Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay composed the national song ‘Vande Mataram’.|
|1879||Thomas Elva Edison performed the bright light.|
|1883||The cantilever railway bridge opened at Niagara Falls.|
|1917||Soviet intelligence police force ‘Cheka’ was formed.|
|1938||Vladimir Jevorikin received a patent for the Iconoscope television system.|
|1955||Indian Golf Association was formed.|
|1956||Afro-American woman Rosa Parks’ fight against color discrimination in America paid off. Due to which the Supreme Court banned apartheid in buses.|
|1973||Spain’s Prime Minister Admiral Louise Blanco was killed in a car bombing in Madrid.|
|1985||In the Tirupati Balaji temple, Lord Venkateswara was offered a diamond studded crown valued at Rs 5.2 crore.|
|1988||The Parliament approved the bill to reduce the voting age from 21 to 18 years through the 62nd Constitution Amendment.|
|1990||India and Pakistan agreed not to carry out nuclear attacks on each other.|
|1993||A cooperation agreement was signed in Brussels between India and the European Union.|
|1999||Portugal ceded the Macao region to China.|
|2007||Pakistan’s federal Sharia court called the Pakistan Citizenship Act discriminatory against women.|
Historical events of 20 December
- Lord Clive was made the Governor of Bengal in “1757”.
- Britain declared war against Holland in “1780”.
- Britain, France, Austria and Russia recognized Belgium in “1830”.
- The House of Representatives of the US Parliament banned immigration in “1919”.
- Mahatma Gandhi stayed in Srirampur for a month in “1946”.
- Oman became independent after the agreement between Oman and Britain in “1951”.
- The Indian Golf Association was formed in 1955.
- Gorakh Prasad relieved his post in 1957 and took over the editing of ‘Hindi Encyclopedia’ composed by Nagari Pracharini Sabha.
- Indian bowler Jasu Patel took 9 wickets for 69 runs against Australia in Kanpur in “1959”.
- The Berlin Wall in Germany was first opened to West Berliners in 1963.
- Take India and Pakistan during the war in “1971”. Arvind Dixit was martyred.
- Paul Keating became the new Prime Minister of Australia in “1991”.
- South Korea sought cooperation from the United States on the North Korea issue in “2002”.
20 December Famous People Birth
- Gokarnanath Mishra, the famous Indian politician, politician and jurist was born in “1871”.
- Famous litterateur Robin Shaw was born in “1936”.
- The eighth Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Trivendra Singh Rawat was born in “1960”.
Famous Persons Death on 20 December
- Sohan Singh Bhakna, one of the revolutionaries fighting for India’s independence, died in “1968”.
- Nalini Jaywant, one of the most beautiful and famous actresses of Indian cinema, died in “2010”.
Important occasions and celebrations of 20 December
- International human unity day
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.