Let us know some important events of December 19, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On December 19 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on December 19 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on December 19 in Indian History( Historical Events ) and World History.
List of important historical events of 19 December
|The year||incident / account|
|1154||King Henry II was enthroned as Emperor of England at the age of 21.|
|1821||South Orkney Islands were discovered by George Powell and Nathaniel Palmer.|
|1823||Georgia implemented the first US state birth registration law in the United States.|
|1860||Lord Dalhousie, who was the Governor General of India from 1848 to 1856, died in Britain.|
|1889||Bishop Museum was established in Hawaii.|
|1907||An explosion in a coal mine in Jacobs Creek in the US state of Pennsylvania killed 239 workers.|
|1907||A Pennsylvania coal mine explosion killed 239 people.|
|1927||The great freedom fighters Ram Prasad Bismil, Ashfaq Ulla Khan and Roshan Singh were hanged by the British.|
|1931||Joseph A. Lyons became Prime Minister of Australia.|
|1932||The BBC started its international services to Australia.|
|1934||The 12th President of India, Pratibha Patil was born in Jalgaon, Maharashtra.|
|1950||Jane Eisenhower became commander of the Northern Atlatink Alliance.|
|1961||Goa gained independence from slavery in Portugal. Indian troops entered the border of Goa under Operation Vijay.|
|1966||Asian Development Bank was started.|
|1974||Former Australia captain Ricky Potting was born. In his career, he has scored 13378 runs in 168 Tests and 13704 runs in 375 ODIs.|
|1989||Workers went on strike in Romanian cities to protest against Communist rule.|
|1991||Bob Hawke was sworn in as Prime Minister of Australia by Paul Keating.|
|1998||Amartya Sen was awarded honorary citizenship by Bangladesh, Sheel Kumar (India) as the best player in world handicapped skiing held in Denver (US).|
|2007||Time magazine honored Russia’s President Vladimir Putin with the Person of the Year title.|
|2012||Park Gyun Hee became the first female president of South Korea.|
Historical events of 19 December
- King Henry II “became Emperor of England in 1154”.
- The United States recognized Hawaii as a province in “1842”.
- The Meteorological Society of America was founded in 1919.
- Uttar Pradesh Automobile Association was established in “1927”.
- 3 revolutionaries of India, Pandit Ram Prasad ‘Bismil’, Ashfaq Ulla Khan and Thakur Roshan Singh were hanged to death by the British Government in “1927”.
- Sukumar Sen was the Chief Election Commissioner / Chief Election Commissioner of the Republic of India in “1958”.
- Goa became independent in 1961.
- Football’s FIFA World Cup was stolen in 1983 from the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro.
- Australia won the 13th consecutive Test match in “2000” defeating the West Indies.
- Canara Bank, HDFC and Bank of Rajasthan announced to make housing loans cheaper in “2008”.
- Park Gyun Hee became the first female president of South Korea in “2012”.
19 December Famous People Birth
- Martin Luther King, an American leader who struggled today for senior human rights, was born in “1899”.
- India’s first female President Pratibha Devi Singh Patil was born in “1934”.
- Australian cricketer and captain Ricky Ponting was born in “1974”.
- American football player Jake Plummer was born in “1974”.
- American actor Jake Gyllenhaal was born in “1980”.
Famous Persons Death on 19 December
- Lord Dalhousie, who was the Governor General of India from 1848 to 1856, died in “1860”.
- India’s famous freedom fighter Ashfaq Ulla Khan died in “1927”.
- Thakur Roshan Singh, one of the revolutionaries who fought for India’s independence, died in “1927”.
- Jnanpith Award honored and noted Gujarati litterateur Umashankar Joshi died in “1988”.
Important occasions and celebrations of 19 December
- Goa Liberation Day
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.