Let us know some important events of December 18, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On December 18 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on December 18 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on December 18 in Indian History( Historical Events ) and World History.
List of important historical events of 18 December
|The year||incident / account|
|1271||The Mongol emperor Kublai Khan named his empire as Yuan. With this began the Yuan dynasty.|
|1777||National Thanksgiving Day was celebrated for the first time in America.|
|1787||New Jersey became the third state in America.|
|1799||The body of the first US President George Washington was buried at Mount Vernon.|
|1839||America’s John Draper photographed a celestial body (moon) for the first time.|
|1839||First astronomical photo (moon) made in America by John Draper.|
|1849||William Bond took the first photograph of the moon through the telescope.|
|1865||The first US animal import law was passed.|
|1866||Wooster’s College established in Ohio.|
|1899||Field Marshal Lord Roberts was appointed the first British Supreme Commander in South Africa.|
|1902||Italy’s famous inventor Marconi created the first radio station.|
|1923||The International Area of Tangier was established in Morocco.|
|1932||Joseph Paul-Boncour became Prime Minister of France.|
|1935||Edward Bains became the President of Czechoslovakia.|
|1945||The South American country of Uruguay became a member of the United Nations.|
|1958||The United States launched SCORE, the world’s first communications satellite.|
|1960||The National Museum was inaugurated in the capital Delhi.|
|1966||Astronomer Richard Walker discovered Saturn’s satellite Epimetheus.|
|1971||For the second time in history, the value of the US dollar decreased.|
|2006||The elections were held for the first time in the United Arab Emirates.|
|2011||US troops were removed from Iraq, formally ending the Iraq War.|
|2015||Britain’s coal mine Kellingley Callery was closed.|
Historical events of 18 December
- Kuvalaya Khan named his kingdom Yuwan in “1271” which spread in Mongolia and China.
- Timur captured Delhi by defeating Sultan Nusrat Shah in “1398”.
- The marine explorer Tasman landed on New Zealand land in “1642”, after which the sea adjacent to New Zealand is also known as Tasmania sea.
- New Jersey became the third state to accept the US Constitution in “1787”.
- Russia’s national anthem ‘God Save the Jar’ was sung for the first time in “1833”.
- The Al-Thani family became the first family to rule Qatar in “1878”.
- Japan joined the United Nations in “1956”.
- The National Museum was launched in New Delhi in “1960”.
- AP Maithils was discovered in Saturn’s satellite “1966”.
- The death penalty was abolished in England in 1969.
- The Islamic Development Bank was established in “1973”.
- Sachin played his first ODI against Pakistan in “1989”.
- Unknown aircraft dropped a cache of weapons in Purulia, West Bengal in “1995”.
- The International Court of Justice in The Hague affirmed Malaysia’s right to control the Sipidan and Ligitan islands in “2002”.
- In “2005”, Bhutan King Jigme Singme Wangchuk announced his resignation in 2008.
- Japan tested the interceptor missile in “2007”.
- The BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully tested in “2008”.
- The heaviest rocket GSLV Mark-3 was successfully launched in “2014”.
18 December Famous People Birth
- The saint Guru Ghasidas, who is considered paramount in the saint tradition of Chhattisgarh state of India, was born in 1756.
- Joseph Gremaldi, popularly known as English Crown, was born in “1778”.
- Soviet leader Joseph Stalin was born in “1878”.
Famous Persons Death on 18 December
- A famous essayist Padumlal Punnalal Bakshi died in “1971”.
- Indian politician and Lok Sabha member Mukut Bihari Lal Bhargava died in “1980”.
- India’s famous cricketer Vijay Hazare died in 2004.
Important occasions and celebrations of 18 December
- National metallurgy day
- International Minority Rights Day
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.