Let us know some important events of December 17, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On December 17 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on December 17 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on December 17 in Indian History( Historical Events ) and World History.
List of important historical events of 17 December
|The year||Incident / incident / account|
|1398||The Mongol emperor Timurlang captured Delhi. Delhi plundered by looting and slaughtering.|
|1645||Nur Jahan Begum, wife of the Mughal emperor Jahangir, died.|
|1718||The Empire of the Roman Empire, Great Britain and the Dutch Republic France formally joined France in declaring Spain’s war, the Quadruple Alliance War was launched.|
|1777||France recognized the independence of the British colonies in America.|
|1797||Napoleon made a successful French charge against Fort L’Aiguillet to secure Toulon.|
|1891||Drexel University in Philadelphia was inaugurated as the Drexel Institute of Arts, Sciences and Industry.|
|1903||The Wright brothers first flew a plane called ‘The Flyer’. This 12-second flight revolutionized the world.|
|1907||Ugyen Wangchuk became the first hereditary king of Bhutan.|
|1928||To avenge the murder of Lala Lajpat Rai, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev killed British police officer John Sanders, who charged him with sticks.|
|1938||German chemist Otto Han discovered nuclear fission of uranium.|
|1940||Mahatma Gandhi postponed the individual Satyagraha movement.|
|1949||Burma (now Myanmar) recognized communist China.|
|1971||The third war between India and Pakistan ended after Bangladesh came into existence as a result of the partition of Pakistan.|
|1981||The Emergency Mobilization Board was established in the United States by order of President Reagan.|
|1987||Mega Man was released in Japan.|
|1996||National Football League was launched.|
|1998||American and British bomb years heavily bombed Iraq under ‘Operation Desert Fox’.|
|2005||King Jig Sigme Wanchuk of Bhutan was removed from power.|
|2009||The sinking of the cargo ship MV Danny F2 off the coast of Lebanon killed 40 people and over 28,000 animals.|
|2013||Angela Merkel was elected to the post of Chancellor of Germany for the third time.|
|2014||America and Cuba restored diplomatic relations again after 55 years.|
Historical events of 17 December
- Banda Bahadur Bairagi, the chief of the Sikhs, surrendered to the Mughals at Gurdaspur in the year “1715”.
- Ugyen Wangchuk became the first hereditary king of Bhutan in “1907”.
- In “1914” in Limanov, Poland, the Austrian army defeated the Russian army.
- Turkish authorities drove the Jews out of Tel Aviv in “1914”.
- The then Soviet Union and Turkey signed the agreement in 1925 not to attack each other.
- Rajendranath Lahiri, one of the leading revolutionaries of India, was hanged to death in Gonda jail by the British Government 2 days before the date fixed in “1927”.
- The great Australian batsman Sir Don Bradman scored a brilliant 118 runs in his first match in his first class cricket in “1927”.
- The great revolutionaries Bhagat Singh and Rajguru shot English police officer Sanders in “1929”.
- India’s legendary cricketer Lala Amarnath played an outstanding innings of 118 runs in his debut Test match in “1933”.
- Mahatma Gandhi postponed the individual Satyagraha movement in “1940”.
- The National Football League was launched in “1996”.
- The Indo-Pak war ended in “1971”.
- American and British bomb years heavily bombed Iraq in 1998 under ‘Operation Desert Fax’.
- Hotline resumed in “2000” at the Headquarters Headquarters of India and Pakistan, Mirko Sarovic, leader of the Nationalist All Democratic Party, sworn in as President in Bosnia.
- Turkey supported India on the Kashmir issue in “2002”.
- Bhutan’s King Jig Sigme Wanchuk was removed from power in “2005”.
- Sheila Dixit was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Delhi in “2008”.
- In 2008, the Central Government announced a new promotion policy for promotion to the government forces.
- The US and Cuba restored diplomatic relations again after 55 years in “2014”.
17 December Famous People Birth
- The famous poet Rahim of Emperor Akbar’s court was born in “1556”.
- Revolutionary writer, historian and journalist Sakharam Ganesh Deuskar was born in “1869”.
- Muhammad Hidayatullah, the first Muslim Chief Justice of India and the first acting President of India, was born in 1905.
- American engineer and urban planner Alan Voorhies was born in “1922”.
- Indian film actor John Abraham was born in “1972”.
- Writer, thinker and alumni leader Lucknow University Lalit Shukla was born in “1994”.
Famous Persons Death on 17 December
- One of the famous revolutionaries of India’s immortal martyr Rajendranath Lahiri died in “1927”.
- Nur Jahan, the wife of the Mughal emperor Jahangir, died in “1645”.
- The famous Indian freedom fighter, Gandhian and journalist Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramaiya died in “1959”.
Important occasions and celebrations of 17 December
- International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.