Let us know some important events of January 16, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On January 16 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on January 16 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on January 16 in Indian History( Historical Events) and World History.
List of important historical events of 16 January
- Philip II became Emperor of Spain in “1556”
- In Britain in “1581” the parliament passed legislation against Roman Catholic Christians.
- In 1681 Raigad Fort in Maharashtra, the grand coronation of Sambhaji, son of Kshatrapati Shivaji, took place.
- The British seized Pondicherry from French occupation in “1761”.
- The first planned horse racing was organized in “1769” in Accra, Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- Eminent Bengali litterateur Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay died in “1938”.
- The Soviet Union announced its plan for a two-year human expedition to Mars in “1989”.
- The first air raid of the US Air Force occurred in Indonesia in 1943 on Ambon Island.
- Vincent Aurel was elected President of France in “1947”.
- In Paris in 1920, the League of Nations held its first council meeting.
- The Kharagwasla National Defense Academy was “formally inaugurated in 1955 in Pune.
- Members exchanged space for the first time in “1969” between Soviet space vehicles ‘Soyuz 4’ and ‘Soyuz 5’.
- America’s ‘First Gulf War’ started in 1991 against Iraq.
- Extradition treaty was signed between Britain and India in “1992”.
- The Chinese government recognized the two-year-old Tibetan boy in “2000” as the antecedent of the Sun ‘Sakaar Buddha’.
- Kalpana Chawla, of Indian origin, left for the second space trip in “2003”.
- In cricket, Mumbai won the Ranji Championship for a record 38th time by beating Uttar Pradesh in “2009”.
16 January Famous People Birth
- Famous musician O. P. Nayyar was born in “1926”.
- Guru Harrai, the seventh Guru of the Sikhs, was born in “1630”.
Famous Persons Death on 16 January
- India’s famous social reformer, nationalist Mahadev Govind Ranade died in “1901”.
- Renowned novelist Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay died in “1938”.
- Ramnaresh Tripathi, an important poet of the Prakhayavadi era, died in “1962”.
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.