Let us know some important events of December 15, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On December 15 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on December 15 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on December 15 in Indian History( Historical Events ) and World History.
List of important historical events of 15 December
|The year||Incident / incident / account|
|1516||After the discovery of the South American country of Argentina, the first group of immigrants from Spain reached this place. Thus Spain’s authority over this country began.|
|1749||Chhatrapati Shivaji’s grandson Shahu died.|
|1794||The Revolutionary Tribunal was abolished in France.|
|1801||Haddi Mustafa Pasha, Ottoman commander and politician, was assassinated in Belgrade.|
|1852||Gustave Eiffel, the French engineer and architect who built the Eiffel Tower, was born.|
|1852||The French physicist and famous inventor Henri Becquerel was born in Paris. In 1896, he discovered a substance that characterized radio religion.|
|1864||American Civil War – Battle of Nashville: The Confederate Army defeated the Confederate Army of Tennessee.|
|1877||Thomas Edison invented the phonograph.|
|1939||Commercial production of nylon yarn began in Delaware, USA for the first time.|
|1950||The first Deputy Prime Minister and Iron Man Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, decorated with Bharat Ratna and independent India, passed away.|
|1950||The Getaway Ranch Sports Stadium in Calgary, Canada was officially opened.|
|1953||India’s S. Vijayalakshmi Pandit was elected the first woman president of the eighth session of the United Nations General Assembly.|
|1961||The Jewish massacre of Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler was sentenced to death by organizer of the systematic slaughterhouse.|
|1961||The first episode was presented in the BBC series, Comedy Playhouse.|
|1965||15,000 people died in a cyclone on the banks of the Ganges river in Bangladesh.|
|1966||Walt Disney, the founder of the world’s largest animation company, died.|
|1973||In the wake of the Arab-Israeli war, OPEC, a group of Arab oil producing countries, banned the sale of oil to the United States. Due to which the price of oil went up from three dollars per barrel suddenly to $ 11 per barrel.|
|1976||Samoa became a member of the United Nations, independent of New Zealand.|
|1991||Renowned filmmaker Satyajit Ray was awarded the Special Oscar for his achievements in cinema.|
|2000||Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel opened at the Dinneland Resort.|
|2001||Pisa Minar, one of the wonders of the world, was reopened to the public after being closed for eleven years.|
|2005||2005 Atlantic power outage initiated.|
|2007||Emergency civil law applied in Pakistan.|
Historical events of 15 December
- Chhatrapati Shivaji’s grandson Shahu died in “1749”.
- The Revolutionary Tribunal in France was abolished in “1794”.
- The East India Company occupied Orissa (now Odisha) in “1803”.
- Banaras Hindu University Society was established in “1911”.
- France defeated Germany in the Battle of Verdun in 1916 during the First World War.
- The Moldavian Republic declared independence from Russia in “1917”.
- S Vijayalakshmi Pandit of India was elected the first woman president of the eighth session of the United Nations General Assembly in “1953”.
- In Bangladesh in 1965, 15,000 people died in a cyclone on the banks of the Ganges.
- Renowned filmmaker Satyajit Rai was awarded the Special Oscar for his achievements in the cinema world in “1991”.
- Among European Union leaders, in 1995 it was agreed to have the euro as the currency of overall integrated Europe.
- In 1997, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution declaring the blasts carried out by militants in a public place, vehicle or office as illegal.
- Arundhati Roy was awarded the ‘Booker Prize’, Britain’s most prestigious literary award, for her novel ‘The God of Small Things’ in ‘1997’.
- The Chernobyl reactor closed forever in “2000”.
- In Italy in 2001, the Pisa leaning tower was reopened after 11 years of closure.
- The Government of Bhutan initiated action against Indian separatists operating in 2003.
15 December Famous People Birth
- Baichung Bhutia, one of the famous football players of India, was born in “1976”.
- Indian woman wrestler Geeta Phogat was born in “1988”.
Famous person Death on 15 December
- Mauritius Governor Sivasagar Ramgoolam died in “1985”.
- The freedom fighter of India and the first Home Minister of independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, died in “1950”.
- The freedom fighter Potti Sriramulu, a follower of Gandhiji, died in “1952”.
Important occasions and celebrations of 15 December
- Air Safety Day (Week)
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.