Let us know some important events of January 12, knowing that your general knowledge will increase. On January 12 many events took place in India and the world, which are named in the pages of history(history of India and world ), and often you all must have read about many of these historical events related to the history that took place on January 12 With respect to the history of November, let us know what special events happened in the current history of the country and the world on this day. Know what happened on January 12 in Indian History( Historical Events) and World History.
List of important historical events of 12 January
1863 – Swami Vivekananda, who brought India to Gyan Prakash, was born.
1948 – Mahatma Gandhi makes his final speech and decides to go on a hunger strike against communal violence. He was deeply saddened by the partition of India in 1947.
1991 – US Parliament approves military action against Iraq. Earlier, the United Nations had asked the then Iraqi President Saddam Hussein to withdraw his army from Kuwait by 15 January and warned Iraq to be ready for military action if it did not do so.
1976 – Agatha Christie, perhaps the world’s best-known detective novelist, died. She had been running ill for the past few days and died at the age of 85 in her home in Oxfordshire.
1708 – Chhatrapati Shahu was crowned Maratha ruler.
1866 – Royal Aeronautical Society is formed in London.
1908 – The first long-distance wireless message sent from the Eiffel Tower in Paris
1934 – Surya Sen, the great revolutionary of India’s freedom struggle, was hanged in Chittagong. He founded the Indian Republican Army and successfully led the Chittagong Rebellion.
1950 – After independence, ‘United Provinces’ was renamed as ‘Uttar Pradesh’ on 12 January.
1964 – Former India bowler Bapu Nadkarni bowled 21 consecutive maidens in the first Test with England in Madras, the record so far in the history of six balls over.
1964 – Zanzibar rebels declare revolution and republic.
1984 – Every year on the occasion of the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, it was announced to celebrate this day as ‘National Youth Day’ in the country.
1990 – Romania imposes a ban on Communist Party.
2001 – India refuses the Indonesia-Russia-China treaty, deploying forces after tensions along the Bangladesh-Myanmar border due to dam construction plans on the Naif River.
2003 – Indian-origin woman Linda Babulal became the Speaker of Trinidad Parliament.
2004 – The world’s largest seaplane, “RMS Queen Mary 2” begins its maiden voyage.
2005 – Launched ‘Deep Impact’ spacecraft with Delta II rocket for landing on Temple-1 comet.
2006 – India and China sign an important MoU on hydrocarbons.
2007 – Aamir Khan’s film ‘Rang De Basanti’ is nominated for BAFTA.
2009 – Famous musician A.D. R. Rahman became the first Indian to win the prestigious Golden Globe Award.
2009 – Dr. Jayant Kumar, a scientist at the University of Allahabad discovered the world’s oldest meteorite crater.
2010 – Haiti earthquake kills more than 200,000 people. A large part of the city was destroyed in this.
12 January Famous People Birth
- Rajmata Jijabai is born in Buldhana city of Maharashtra.
- Indian philosopher Swami Vivekananda was born in Kolkata.
- Bharat Ratna-awarded freedom fighter, social worker and educationist Bhagwan Das was born in Varanasi.
- American writer Jack London is born in California, USA.
- Umashankar Dixit, the pioneer of the Indian independence movement, was born in the city of Unnao in Uttar Pradesh.
- Indian spiritualist Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was born in the city of Jabalpur.
- Indian politician Ajay Maken was born in Delhi.
- Priyanka Gandhi, daughter of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, was born in Delhi.
Famous person Death on 12 January
- French mathematician Pierdi Firma dies.
- Pyare Lal Sharma, one of the Indian revolutionaries, died.
- Agatha Christie, one of the world’s best-known detective novelists, dies.
- Famous actor and villain of Indian cinema Amrish Puri passed away.
- ‘Murray Dasti Kohl‘, who laid the foundation of the Toronto International Film Festival, the world’s largest film show, passed away.
So friends, hope you liked this article and you got some new information. Please tell me in the comments.